I wanted to send along some of the latest Facebook updates shared by one of our reps.
An interesting development (or least news to me) is the Negative Feedback Stat for Insights. This is not a sentiment analysis, as is stated below, but appears to be a 2.0 version of unsubscribes and unLikes for individual posts. I am not seeing this in the Insights dashboard or exported file for any pages yet – please leave a comment below if you have, otherwise, this is likely in a beta rollout.
With that said, here are some of the more interesting and upcoming Facebook updates.
- FBML Apps and non-HTTPS will stop working on January 1, 2012
- As previously messaged, Facebook will be fully transitioning to iFrames and secure browsing via HTTPS. iFrames are Facebook’s new framework for serving content on canvas pages and Page tabs
- Facebook Page Insights
- A new Page Insights eLearning module can be found here: http://www.learnpageinsights.com/
- With the launch of the new Page Insights, we’ll slowly be deprecating the old PI. Page admins will see warnings in the old Insights informing them of this upcoming change. Data will continue to be available through the old Insights for 1 month, with all data deleted and access to the old Insights removed on February 15, 2012
- Negative Feedback Stat
- Facebook now show admins the number of unique users that gave negative feedback on a Page post so that they better understand which posts resonate with their audience. Please note this is not sentiment analysis.
- Negative feedback is a unique count of people who hid the post or reported it as spam in their News Feed.
- IO Advertisers can now boost any post from any Page
- IO clients can now create Facebook ads from any post made on any Page, even if they don’t own the Page. The ability to boost any post creates new opportunities for a advertisers, especially those who use celebrity or athlete endorsements. It can be used to support product/ movie launches, product promotions or events, and general brand awareness campaigns. (example, a film studio can boost Page posts by a featured actor who posts a trailer for an upcoming film)
- This feature is only availabie through IO for Premium and Marketplace, and not in self serve or the API
- Facebook Studio Awards: December 31st deadline approaching
- Enter your best campaigns by clicking the “Submit Your Work” button at: http://facebook-studio.com
Have you come across any Facebook or Page updates that I missed above? Please share them in the comments!