Facebook recently provided Danny Sullivan with a plethora of stats during his research for this article. Some of those statistics revolved around data related to the best placement of the Like button in order to get Facebook likes. In this day and age of ‘everything social’ it is more and more important to have a strong strategy in place in order to build your social presence. With that in mind, I wanted to provide the following 4 tips to get more Facebook Likes.
According to Facebook, Like buttons get 3 to 5 times more clicks if:
- The Like button version that shows thumbnails of friends is used
- The like button allows people to add comments
- If the like button appears at both the top and bottom of articles
- If the like button appears near visual content like videos or graphics
If you don’t believe me, just read some of the astounding statistics MetaCafe reported after implementing these Facebook Like button tips:
- The number of daily likes more than tripled, going from an average of 2,000 likes per day to over 7,000 likes.
- Daily referral traffic from Facebook to Metacafe doubled, going from about 60,00 to 120,000.
- Total Facebook actions (likes, shares, comments) rose to 20,000 per day.
So, it looks like you have some work to do but work with a lot of reward at the end!
What about you – what Facebook Like button tips have you found that work well?